Woodgrove PTSO Accomplishments:
* Funds incentives for Safe Schools Ambassador Program
* Sponsors Kaplan SAT/ACT practice test
* Provides incentives for those students retaking SOLs in Reading/Writing
* Provides refreshments and shoe and coat check-in for Homecoming
* Supplies Coffee cart and breakfast items during American Education Week
* Helps fund Western Loudoun History Research Project
* Co-sponsor Great Gatsby Gala winter dance
* Purchased Smart Pal manipulatives and batteries for Math Department
* Funded start up equipment costs for new course offerings in outdoor PE and Astronomy
* Funds My Access online editing writing program for 11th grade students
* Supported WHS Latin Club state convention participation
* Funded Noodle Tools - a web based subscription program for learning how to properly research and cite sources.
* Funds start up costs for Outlander Student Newspaper
* Welcomed guest speakers on utilizing LCPS databases and research tools and Assistive Technology resources.
* Provides teacher recognition rewards for the WHS PBIS program.
* Sponsors senior breakfast and after graduation celebration
* Keeps the Woodgrove community informed and up-to-date with news from all school departments through publication of the Woodgrove Weekly e-newsletter, facebook and twitter.
* Awards two scholarships to members of the Woodgrove senior class and 2 scholarships to CAMPUS seniors
* Supplies volunteers for over 20 yearly events.
The Woodgrove High School PTSO raises funds through membership dues, school reward programs, volunteer work, Kaplan ACT/SAT test registrations, and other fundraisers throughout the school year.
It’s never too late to join the Woodgrove HS PTSO!