Welcome to MUSIC
"If there is a future of peace for humankind, if there is to be an understanding
of how these invisible, internal things should fit together, I expect it will come from
the artists, because that's what we do."
NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR MUSIC EDUCATION
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.