Students in grades one through five receive music classes twice a week for thirty minutes. Through a variety of meaningful experiences, the students will develop their music skills in the following areas:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
In the Sully Music Room we promote a singing-centered program that is designed to actively involve all learning modalities through singing, playing instruments, moving to music, creating music, and learning to read music.