Homework in Loudoun County is considered an integral part of the educational process. Homework is important because it is a valuable tool in helping students make the most of their experience in school. Homework helps reinforce what has been learned in class, prepares students for upcoming lessons, teaches responsibility, helps students develop positive study habits and enhances the home-school cooperative spirit. The amount of time spent each night on homework in the primary grades should be about 30 minutes.
All homework will enable students to achieve the following goals:
- To practice skills that have introduced and developed in class.
- To complete special projects.
- To enrich the school program by pursuing activities that can be shared with classmates.
Homework is expected to be completed:
- On the date due.
Buffalo Trail First Grade Homework Policies:
- Never force your child to work for more than 30 minutes on homework. If he/she is frustrated, stop. Write a note in the Agenda explaining what happened. I can help him/her the next day.
- Sometimes families get busy and homework doesn’t get done on the day it is due. If this happens on occasion, write me a note in the agenda. The assignment can be made up the next day.