WELCOME TO ENGLISH 9!
Ms. Rubloff is a career switcher who completed her teaching certification in secondary school English education at the George Washington University. In her previous life, she worked in corporate communications for a global government contractor and a large health care corporation. She has two sons, Matthew (12) and Evan (9) - both future Titans! Ms. Rubloff has taught at the Douglass School ("Saving Nine"), Stone Hill Middle School, Northern Virginia Hebrew Congregation, and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington D.C. She lives in Potomac Falls and is thrilled to be teaching at Dominion H.S.
Ms. Rubloff's teaching philosophy can be summed up as follows:
READING IS THE INHALE . . . WRITING IS THE EXHALE.
Likewise, Ms. Rubloff's classroom behavior expectations can be summed up as follows:
ROUTINE - RESPONSIBILITY - RESPECTEVERYONE DESERVES A POSITIVE LEARNING EXPERIENCE - I'LL DO MY PART AND YOU DO YOURS!
WHERE DO I GO TO . . .????
- Ask a peer a question about homework, etc.? (POST your question/answer to the whole class.)
- Find/print an assignment missed in class? (look under the LIBRARY)
- Turn in a paper? (SUBMIT assignment with an attachment)
- Turn in an assigment (SUBMIT your response - do not POST)
- Communicate with the teacher or a classmate? (POST to whole class or just to Ms. R.)
NOTE: Click on English 9 Honors tab for one-pager documents if you can't get them from Edmodo.
ANSWER TO ALL: www.EDMODO.com
Parents - You can be a part of the Edmodo community too!
Ask your student for the parent code, which they can retrieve directly from their account.
Block 2, Creative Writing: 04hxhh
Block 3, Eng. 9H: pihdx2
Block 4, Engl. 9H: sufsru
Block 7, Engl. ixt3ux