Student Circulation Policy
1. Each student at Sugarland in grades K-5 will have 45 minutes of library instruction each week. Each class meeting will include time for students to check out library materials.
2. In addition to the instructional library time, students may also return and check-out materials during open library time. The library is open for student circulation before school from 7:30 until 7:50, and from 2:15 until 3:00 each day.
3. The loan period for all materials is two weeks. Materials can be renewed for an additional two weeks provided the items have not been requested by another patron.
4. Students may check out materials as indicated below:
· Kindergarten: one book per student
· First and Second Grade: two books per student or one book and one magazine
· Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grade: three books per student or one magazine and two books.
5. Students with overdue materials will be limited to checking out just one additional item until the overdue items are returned.
6. Damaged or lost items must be paid for.
7. Refunds for items found after the student has paid the lost item fee are only available if the replacement item has not yet been ordered.
It is our goal to promote library use and reading for all students at Sugarland Elementary.