05/02/11 Proposed Bylaw Revisions:
PROJECT GRADUATION ACTION ITEMS
PTSO will establish an ad hoc committee titled “Project Graduation”.
- PTSO agrees to the responsibility of financial oversight for Project Graduation from this date forward – without any co-mingling of funds.
- PTSO will accept Project Graduations Mission Statement as the Mission Statement for the ad hoc committee and allow it to be incorporated into the Potomac Falls High School Parent Teacher Association by-laws.
- The PTSO will establish officer’s to oversee Project Graduation’s mission and financials. The following positions will be established on behalf of the PTSO – Co-Chairman, Treasurer AND Secretary.
- The PTSO will establish a baseline of funds to roll-over each year as a starting point for the next graduating class.
- PTSO must record all of these actions as a matter of record and they must be voted on by the majority of PTSO members in attendance.
PROJECT GRADUATION MISSION STATEMNET
Project Graduation’s mission statement is to provide a safe, all night, post graduation celebration within the confines of a controlled and celebratory environment.
Project Graduation was established in 1979 in Maine after the Oxford Hills community experienced the tragedy of the death of seven teens during commencement season. The event has spread to all 50 states providing safe and fun filled post-graduation activities that last all night in a lock-in drug and alcohol free environment.